News:

Hal Holbrook, Another favorite gone

msslave · 357

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1302/-3
on: February 02, 2021, 05:12:22 PM
Seems like picking up the paper each day is to learn that another favorite performer has passed.
As many of you say, "Hal who?" I remember how I always enjoyed seeing Mr. Holbrook in one of his many performances.
He brought to life "Mark Twain" in a remarkable portrail of the American humorist.

Hal Holbrook died January 23, but his death was jus announced last night. He was 95.

https://www.startribune.com/hal-holbrook-actor-who-channeled-mark-twain-dies-at-95/600017987/

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

_priapism

Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 06:07:07 PM
I always liked him.  He had a very relaxed comfortable way about himself.  Drew you in.

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1583/-3
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 12:05:29 PM

Just seen this thread.  I liked him as well :(

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

Offline GEMINIGUY

• "I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
  • GG
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +508/-59
Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 01:16:27 AM
Seems like picking up the paper each day is to learn that another favorite performer has passed.
As many of you say, "Hal who?" I remember how I always enjoyed seeing Mr. Holbrook in one of his many performances.
He brought to life "Mark Twain" in a remarkable portrail of the American humorist.

Hal Holbrook died January 23, but his death was jus announced last night. He was 95.

https://www.startribune.com/hal-holbrook-actor-who-channeled-mark-twain-dies-at-95/600017987/

I had to go look at his picture to make sure it's the actor I thought he was. The first thing I remember him from is Stephen King's Creepshow. After that...I'd need to think hard about it.

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant