KRISTEN'S BOARD
Please consult your physician prior to participating on this message board.

News:

Hemingway app on Grammerly.com

Guest · 54

_priapism

on: August 13, 2021, 04:10:07 PM
Free editor:1) Subscribe to Grammarly.com2) Got to Heminwayapp .com3) Activate Grammarly add-on4) Write your stories at Heminwayapp.com with the Grammarly add-on activated5) Follow all suggestions until you score 100, and your writing will be incredible..If everyone here did this KA would be the premier literary website. It's easy, it's free, and it's damn near miraculous.

https://hemingwayapp.com/

Hemingway App makes your writing bold and clear.

The app highlights lengthy, complex sentences and common errors; if you see a yellow sentence, shorten or split it. If you see a red highlight, your sentence is so dense and complicated that your readers will get lost trying to follow its meandering, splitting logic — try editing this sentence to remove the red.

You can utilize a shorter word in place of a purple one. Mouse over them for hints.

Adverbs and weakening phrases are helpfully shown in blue. Get rid of them and pick words with force, perhaps.

Phrases in green have been marked to show passive voice.

You can format your text with the toolbar.

Paste in something you're working on and edit away. Or, click the Write button and compose something new.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 04:15:49 PM by ToeinH2O »

Offline seeker83

• Degenerate
    • Fame +25/-0
  • Don't be a nice guy, be yourself.
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 04:30:16 PM
I can 100% vouch for Grammarly.  I currently use the free version at home and the company I work for has the corporate version.  I had no idea about Hemingway and will look into it.

Update: I just tried Hemingway.  My only criticism is that I like to use adjectives and adverbs as a way of being more illustrative in my writing.  Hemingway HATES them with a passion.  So I am not sure if that means my writing style needs to improve or that Hemingway isn't meant for that style of writing.  I still think the app makes great recommendations overall.  The app doesn't offer recommendations for word reduction or clarity, which is also frustrating.  However, if someone has the pro version of Grammarly, this would assist with that.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 05:35:24 PM by seeker83 »