News:

The Trump thread: All things Donald

joan1984 · 238080

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #5920 on: October 28, 2019, 02:21:00 AM
   President Trump was able to recognize John Kelly, and Rex Tillerson for their actual value, and to recognize each was not supportive enough of the agenda promised by the President. They did their job while in office, left honorably, and have been replaced with more loyal and capable people.

Disappointing to see such former Administration folks giving domestic press and foreign press the ammunition they seek to destroy the President. Seems President Trump recognized these and others as not being trustworthy enough or having their own agenda instead of the agenda the President promised, and is delivering, to the American people.

Not everyone is trustworthy, some less than others, some more. President Trump never got to complete his Administration Staffing due to Democrat and leftist opposition using every tool they could to drag the wheels of the Senate as much as they are capable, in order to obstruct the will of the people, and have delayed the President to their maximum capability, thwarting peaceful transition to date, yet President Trump continues to produce for us all.

MAGA/KAG Trump 2020.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

_priapism

Reply #5921 on: October 28, 2019, 03:02:14 AM
This thread is definitive proof that Joan is a troll.  :emot_laughing:

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1620/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #5922 on: October 28, 2019, 03:36:14 PM
Has anyone mentioned that from the time Trump has been president til now, his party has quietly placed 147 people into life time positions on the Federal judiciary. Many of these appointments have gone to people in their late 30s and early 40s. That is a long time to be a sitting judge for life. More then a few have been placed on the Appeals Court, which is an important position in the scheme of things.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #5923 on: October 28, 2019, 03:40:26 PM
Was Halloween costume shopping on Saturday afternoon and was tempted to combine the Trump mask with the striped prisoner outfit.  Probably only a small subset of the rednecks in my town would have thought that funny.

This weekend in the news I saw interviews done with Trump supporters on whether the Ukraine revelations have altered their views.  There was one that says he’s now having doubts,  But for the most part they dismissed anything negative about their new deity.  One woman said she still supports Trump, ‘because he’s the only one that tells the truth, and he can’t be bought.’

Some people are so obtuse, it’s hard to think of them as the same species as myself.

_priapism

Reply #5924 on: October 28, 2019, 04:14:29 PM

Some people are so obtuse, it’s hard to think of them as the same species as myself.

I consider myself naive, because I actually thought this country stood for something.  We’ve pulled the rock over and I realize that “deplorable” is an apt moniker.  Racism, sexism, homophobia are endemic.  They elected a crude narcissistic rapist as their leader, and it’s only a matter of time before things go from bad to worse.

_priapism

Reply #5925 on: October 28, 2019, 04:17:07 PM
Has anyone mentioned that from the time Trump has been president til now, his party has quietly placed 147 people into life time positions on the Federal judiciary. Many of these appointments have gone to people in their late 30s and early 40s. That is a long time to be a sitting judge for life. More then a few have been placed on the Appeals Court, which is an important position in the scheme of things.

4 have been voted “not qualified” by the American Bar Association, and all four have been confirmed by the GOP Senate.  What better way to destroy an “independent judiciary” than to stock it with baby lawyers who put party politics ahead of Constitutional due process.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3090/-41
Reply #5926 on: October 28, 2019, 04:23:25 PM

I consider myself naive, because I actually thought this country stood for something.  We’ve pulled the rock over and I realize that “deplorable” is an apt moniker.  Racism, sexism, homophobia are endemic.  They elected a crude narcissistic rapist as their leader, and it’s only a matter of time before things go from bad to worse.

I'm not sure which country you're referring to, but in the U.S. today, "racism, sexism, and homophobia" are less endemic than they've ever been in our nation's history.

I know that doesn't "fit the narrative," but that's the reality.

To be sure, calling out and condemning people for being racist, sexist, and homophobic are endemic. And that's a good thing.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 07:10:21 PM by MissBarbara »

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #5927 on: October 28, 2019, 05:15:02 PM
A couple times in my life I’ve heard someone (not a recent immigrant) say they hate the U.S., because it’s the most racist country.  And I replied, ‘You haven’t been to any other country have you?’

Other countries often don’t even call it out.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #5928 on: October 28, 2019, 08:30:53 PM
"Promises kept."

psiberzerker

Reply #5929 on: October 29, 2019, 01:37:53 AM
Nice to see that Washington Baseball fans aren't Donald Trump fans.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 04:05:21 AM by psiberzerker »

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #5930 on: October 29, 2019, 02:54:59 AM
Baseball fans are usually smarter than other types of sports fans.

psiberzerker

Reply #5931 on: October 29, 2019, 04:02:38 AM
Hockey.

Damn, I got the wrong sports.  Derp.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #5932 on: October 29, 2019, 05:36:52 PM
The AG of the United States is not supposed to behave like the shyster lawyer of a corrupt politician.

psiberzerker

Reply #5933 on: October 29, 2019, 05:45:05 PM
The Secretary of Education is supposed to support schools, instead of spending a lifetime championing home schooling, too.  The AG is a Prosecutor.  He's supposed to Prosecute the President, and other high ranking federal officials, if it comes to that.  If I didn't know any better, I'd chalk it up to ignorance on the President's part, but once again, it comes back to Narcissism:  Everything in this world exists for Donald Trump.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #5934 on: October 29, 2019, 06:35:04 PM
How would you know what a Attorney General does? Certainly not by making a comparison between AG Barr, and President Obama's, or President Clinton's Attorneys General.

Attorney General Barr is doing his job, and so far, doing it very well. He is the one person who seeks actual answers, and has not backed off, much anyway, still seeking responsible qualified prosecutors, and Watchdog attorneys finding answers to questions that Congress and Media have conveniently abandoned.

Whether and to what degree any laws were broken, or ethics breeched, in the Intelligence Agencies pursuit, including hiring and engaging Foreign Intel, and other operatives against American Citizens, via exploitation of the FISA court or via other means, is the element in need of completion, regarding the 2016 Election Campaign, as well as the actions of such agencies, and former Exec. Agency Officials who directed their activities during 2016, and thereafter.

Are you incurious about such matters? Let the chips fall where they may.

The AG of the United States is not supposed to behave like the shyster lawyer of a corrupt politician.

psiberzerker

Reply #5935 on: October 29, 2019, 06:40:16 PM
How would you know what a Attorney General does?

I looked it up, instead of listening to Anne Coulter's take on it, that's how. You know, research?  Of course not. 

Attorney General Barr is doing his job, and so far, doing it very well. He is the one person who seeks actual answers, and has not backed off, much anyway, still seeking responsible qualified prosecutors, and Watchdog attorneys finding answers to questions that Congress and Media have conveniently abandoned.

His job is not to expurgate evidence.  It's not to protect the president, he's not a Defense Attorney, that would be a Public Defender.  He is a prosecuter, his job is to prosecute (And educate the President on legal matters.)   Who has he prosecuted, so far?  

He should BE a responsible qualified Prosecutor.  If he was, then he wouldn't have to seek any.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 06:45:02 PM by psiberzerker »

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #5936 on: October 29, 2019, 07:22:35 PM

Are you incurious about such matters? .

I’m insatiably curious, and I do know what the job of the AG for the U.S. is, and it’s not sycophancy.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #5937 on: October 29, 2019, 11:09:17 PM
You know 'what his job is not', and that is a start.

What would you have AG Barr do, that he is not active about seeing done?

The position is a broad supervisory one, as Head of the Department of Justice, and many report to AG Barr. He has tasked a number of experienced U.S. Attorneys to carry out assigned tasks, and report finding to him, regarding Russia, the 2016 Election Campaign, the Election itself, the actions of the DOJ in the period prior to the 2016 Campaign, and in service to President Trump since the Election in November 2016, prior to the Inauguration and since that event, including up to today.

A number of high placed FBI Officials have been removed for cause during the time period noted, and some took expedited retirements, and continue to be subject to current DOJ Investigation(s), all of which are on AG Barr's plate.

The Attorney General represents the United States for all legal matters, and is specifically tasked to advise the President on legal matters when counsel is sought.

Are you incurious about such matters? .

I’m insatiably curious, and I do know what the job of the AG for the U.S. is, and it’s not sycophancy.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #5938 on: October 30, 2019, 02:51:36 AM
An attorney General is:

As chief legal officers of the states, commonwealths, and territories of the United States, the attorneys general serve as counselors to state government agencies and legislatures, and as representatives of the public interest. Originating in the mid-13th century in the office of England's "King's Attorney," the office had become, by the American Revolution, one of advisor to the Crown and to government agencies.

While varying from one jurisdiction to the next due to statutory and constitutional mandates, typical powers of the attorneys general include the authority to issue formal opinions to state agencies; act as public advocates in areas such as child support enforcement, consumer protections, antitrust and utility regulation; propose legislation; enforce federal and state environmental laws; represent the state and state agencies before the state and federal courts; handle criminal appeals and serious statewide criminal prosecutions; institute civil suits on behalf of the state; represent the public's interests in charitable trust and solicitations; and operate victim compensation programs.

An Attorney General is not personal council to the President, nor is he/she to be used for political gain against political apponents.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #5939 on: October 30, 2019, 04:30:44 AM
  State Attorneys General are described well in Lois's last post.

The United States Attorney General has a far more complex role. The AG is tasked with giving guidance in legal matters to the President, when asked for such guidance. In that role, as described, indeed the Attorney General advises the U.S. President, and answers to the United States President, and serves at the pleasure of the President of the United States.

The Department Of Justice is a Administration Agency, not a Congressional Agency, answers to the President of the United States.

No where was I able to find the last three lines of Lois 'description' of an AG or the duties, and so we must take those three lines as Lois' OPINION, or wish and not as fact, of course.