News:

What was the last thing you watched? Movie & TV Edition

Guest · 52525

Offline Supersoftball

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +17/-16
  • Blue Lives Matter!
Reply #180 on: August 23, 2018, 04:30:15 PM
Skyscraper, it's trash, but it was nice to see a cleaned up Neve Campbell. Condor and Kill Eve are a must watch.

Bass Reeves<br /><br />\"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.\"

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-53
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #181 on: September 09, 2018, 07:06:06 PM

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1771/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #182 on: September 12, 2018, 07:40:11 PM

I'm watching the Apple Event right now.  I need a new phone.   
'Wow me' or I'm getting a 6s for cheap.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #183 on: November 04, 2018, 01:52:07 AM

Bohemian Rhapsody

Mark and I went to a 1:00 show.  Mark's daughter text half way through the show and asked what we were doing.  We told her.   "Awww, I wanted to see it."   
It was so good, I saw it at the 3:30 show and watched it with her.

I am totally on a Queen kick right now.   Great story.  Wonderfully produced.   Now I need to read up on Freddy Mercury to see how much of it is true.   I need to learn more about his bandmates also.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

psiberzerker

Reply #184 on: November 04, 2018, 01:58:23 AM
The Perfect Road Trip 2.  (Top Gear special)

ChirpingGirl

Reply #185 on: November 04, 2018, 02:03:11 AM

Bohemian Rhapsody

Mark and I went to a 1:00 show.  Mark's daughter text half way through the show and asked what we were doing.  We told her.   "Awww, I wanted to see it."   
It was so good, I saw it at the 3:30 show and watched it with her.

I am totally on a Queen kick right now.   Great story.  Wonderfully produced.   Now I need to read up on Freddy Mercury to see how much of it is true.   I need to learn more about his bandmates also.

https://screenrant.com/bohemian-rhapsody-queen-movie-true-story-freddie-mercury/

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +382/-9
Reply #186 on: November 04, 2018, 04:42:25 PM
Just Watched "BFG" on SyFy.....(Big Friendly Giant).
Actually a really good movie.

Love,
Liz

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1624/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #187 on: January 02, 2019, 11:17:15 PM
Innocent Man on Netflix.  A documentary from the only non-fiction book John Grisham wrote. The criminal justice system in small towns are as corrupt and/or as negligent as the big cities. If you are poor, no matter your color, the law will convict you if they need a conviction, whether one is guilty or not.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Elizabeth

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #188 on: January 03, 2019, 12:53:39 AM
Dropped in a DVD and watched "12 O'clock High" with my dad.
We decided to finish off the Ritz Crackers and Liver Pate while we watched the movie.

Love,
Liz

psiberzerker

Reply #189 on: January 03, 2019, 12:55:24 AM
I'm watching Battle in Seattle right now...

Great cast, so far that's all I can say.  Still establishing characters, the Exposition is handled fairly well.

It was pretty good, not perfect.  The performances were well done, but the infanticide was handled badly.  Clunky, in an obvious play on the emotions.  That was about the worst of it, snapped me out of it, and reminded me that I was watching a movie.  Other than that, I enjoyed it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 03:08:03 AM by psiberzerker »

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #190 on: January 04, 2019, 01:56:31 AM
Doctor Who, New Year's Day Special.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

psiberzerker

Reply #191 on: January 04, 2019, 04:35:19 AM
Tonight's feature:  Fugitive Alien

Japanese sci-fi invasion movie, with an unique premise:  One of the aliens is being hunted by his own people for refusing to kill Humans.

Offline Supersoftball

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +17/-16
  • Blue Lives Matter!
Reply #192 on: January 20, 2019, 11:12:17 PM
Kin and Grown-ish

Bass Reeves<br /><br />\"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.\"

psiberzerker

Reply #193 on: January 27, 2019, 12:13:57 AM
Hundra  (1983)

I had to be about 11, or 12 when I saw this on HBO.  Too young to realize how campy it was, but compared to Conan, and Red Sonia?  Not really.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #194 on: March 11, 2019, 02:02:18 AM

We just watched A Star Is Born.

Oh shoot.   A lot of tears while watching this.  The movie made me feel anxious at times.
A lot of goosebumps too.   I'm not a huge Gaga fan, but I loved her in this movie. 

Version 9.15
POY 2016

psiberzerker

Reply #195 on: March 11, 2019, 02:16:01 AM
Avengers: Infinity War.  Again, we have a copy, but I guess this is as good a place as any to rant about something that bothers me:

YTF does Tony Stark have a flip-phone?  In the Battle of New York II, before he hears the doomsday donut, he's about to call Steve, and what does he pull out of his track-suit, but a flip-phone?  It's just so anachronistic, when we've seen so many smart-phones with holographic displays that sense his movements, so he can grab, swipe, and enlarge right in front of everyone.  

He takes off his smart glasses to cover himself in liquid Nano he wears in, or on his chest.  (They don't say whether or not this is supposed to be the MCU version of his Bleeding Edge, or Extremis Armor)  When Pepper calls back, as he's rapidly leaving the Reception Area (Like he did carrying a cruise missile out of the Battle of New York Part I) we can see that he's connected through the suit, no glasses, no handheld, not even a smart-watch, he can order an upgrade for Iron Spider to be delivered from HQ with a word, but to call Captain America, Banner picks up a slightly scuffed fliphone out of the rubble, still open to Contacts.  YOU CAN'T EVEN BUY ONE OF THOSE ANY MORE!  Can you?

The interstellar Pager Fury drops with a disintegrating "Mother f..." at the end launched a thousand fan theories, but for some reason, am I the only one that noticed how fucking absurd it was for Tony Stark to pull a fliphone with a 2" monochorome display out of his pocket in the Sanctum Sanctorum?  Really?

It's driving me nuts, but it's not like it takes much for me, nowadays.  More of a putt, really.

Offline Elizabeth

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #196 on: March 11, 2019, 04:25:57 PM
Avengers: Infinity War.  Again, we have a copy, but I guess this is as good a place as any to rant about something that bothers me:

YTF does Tony Stark have a flip-phone?  In the Battle of New York II, before he hears the doomsday donut, he's about to call Steve, and what does he pull out of his track-suit, but a flip-phone?  It's just so anachronistic, when we've seen so many smart-phones with holographic displays that sense his movements, so he can grab, swipe, and enlarge right in front of everyone.  

He takes off his smart glasses to cover himself in liquid Nano he wears in, or on his chest.  (They don't say whether or not this is supposed to be the MCU version of his Bleeding Edge, or Extremis Armor)  When Pepper calls back, as he's rapidly leaving the Reception Area (Like he did carrying a cruise missile out of the Battle of New York Part I) we can see that he's connected through the suit, no glasses, no handheld, not even a smart-watch, he can order an upgrade for Iron Spider to be delivered from HQ with a word, but to call Captain America, Banner picks up a slightly scuffed fliphone out of the rubble, still open to Contacts.  YOU CAN'T EVEN BUY ONE OF THOSE ANY MORE!  Can you?

The interstellar Pager Fury drops with a disintegrating "Mother f..." at the end launched a thousand fan theories, but for some reason, am I the only one that noticed how fucking absurd it was for Tony Stark to pull a fliphone with a 2" monochorome display out of his pocket in the Sanctum Sanctorum?  Really?

It's driving me nuts, but it's not like it takes much for me, nowadays.  More of a putt, really.

A friend of mine "still" has a flip phone, It's what he's comfortable with and doesn't want to change. Which is not surprising as he is 70 years old and has never taken to all the advances that have occurred over the last 25 years. I love visiting his house, it's like stepping back 65 years, he still has rotary dial phones in his kitchen and den.
(they like to drive At&T nuts because they need special switching gear to operate).
He has a Motorola Consul TV (and it works). His entire house is a time capsule from the past.

Love,
Liz

PS:  And yes you can still buy flip phones at the AT&T Store.   

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #197 on: March 11, 2019, 04:32:42 PM

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

psiberzerker

Reply #198 on: March 11, 2019, 05:17:31 PM
A friend of mine "still" has a flip phone, It's what he's comfortable with and doesn't want to change.

I understand that, and I have friends like that too.  (I actually asked one in the neighborhood where she got it.  Turns out at the Bodega, they're mostly pre-pays, and old folk's nowadays.)

The problem is, he has this,
And this:

He calls Pepper from the nano-suit in the very next scene, after he dropped the anachronistic phone in the rubble.  So, my question is why does He have one?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:22:34 PM by psiberzerker »

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #199 on: March 11, 2019, 06:32:34 PM
Watch

the

end

of

Captain

America:

Civil

War

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter