KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Racism is alive and well, Thanks Trump and his supporters!

Athos_131 · 60193

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #400 on: January 13, 2018, 02:20:52 AM
President Trump is not a Racist.

Trump’s history of breaking decorum with remarks on race, ethnicity

A career intelligence analyst who is an expert in hostage policy stood before President Donald Trump in the Oval Office last fall to brief him on the impending release of a family long held in Pakistan under uncertain circumstances.

It was her first time meeting the president, and when she was done briefing, he had a question for her.

"Where are you from?" the president asked, according to two officials with direct knowledge of the exchange.

New York, she replied.

Trump was unsatisfied and asked again, the officials said. Referring to the president's hometown, she offered that she, too, was from Manhattan. But that's not what the president was after.

He wanted to know where "your people" are from, according to the officials, who spoke under condition of anonymity due to the nature of the internal discussions.

After the analyst revealed that her parents are Korean, Trump turned to an adviser in the room and seemed to suggest her ethnicity should determine her career path, asking why the "pretty Korean lady" isn't negotiating with North Korea on his administration's behalf, the officials said.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #401 on: January 13, 2018, 02:21:57 AM

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #402 on: January 13, 2018, 02:24:33 AM

Sen. Dick Durbin: President Trump used 'hate-filled, vile and racist' language in immigration meeting

According to Durbin on Friday, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina was outlining a tentative bipartisan agreement on immigration they hoped Trump would support. That’s when Trump began interjecting, Durbin said.

“As Sen. Graham started to read the plan, the president started making comments and asking questions, and that’s when things deteriorated rapidly,” he said.

“When we talked about those in the United States on temporary protected status, there was a comment they were from El Salvador, Honduras and Haiti,” Durbin said. “’Haitians?’ (Trump) said. ‘We don’t need more Haitians.’ ”

“Then we went on and the president started commenting on immigration from Africa,” Durbin said. “And that’s when he used those sickening, heartbreaking remarks, saying ‘Those shitholes send us the people they don’t want.’ He repeated that. He didn’t just say it one time.”

And Durbin said Trump in the meeting called for more Europeans to be admitted to the U.S. “He said, 'Put me down for one of the more Europeans to come to this country. Why don't we get more people from Norway?' "

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #403 on: January 13, 2018, 11:53:31 AM

TRUMP’S FULL LIST OF ‘RACIST’ COMMENTS ABOUT IMMIGRANTS, MUSLIMS AND OTHERS

This isn’t the first time the president has come under fire for comments about immigrants that critics have labeled as “racist.”

Donald Trump kicked off his 2016 presidential bid by disparaging Mexican immigrants.

“They are not our friend, believe me,” he said. “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

According to The New York Times, Trump said during a meeting in June that Haitians “all have AIDS.” The White House vehemently denied the report.

Trump said that Nigerian immigrants wouldn’t ever “go back to their huts” in Africa.
In addition to immigrants, the president has also faced criticism for “racist” comments about people from other countries regardless of their immigration status.

Trump said that Afghanistan is a “terrorist haven.”

During the 2016 presidential election, Trump called out a Gold Star Muslim family and insinuated that the mother wasn’t talking because she was Muslim.

“If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say. You tell me,” Trump said in an interview with ABC News in July.

In May 2016, Trump said that federal judge Gonzalo Curiel couldn’t hear the Trump University case fairly because he’s Mexican. “We’re building a wall between here and Mexico. The answer is, He is giving us very unfair rulings—rulings that people can’t even believe,” he said.

Before his career as a politician, Trump allegedly wouldn’t rent to black people back in the 1970s. This led to his company being sued twice by the Justice Department for discrimination.

Trump retweeted an anti-Semitic meme.

He was called a racist in November after he said this to Navajo Code Talkers: “I just want to thank you because you’re very, very special people. You were here long before any of us were here, although we have a representative in Congress who, they say, was here a long time ago. They call her ‘Pocahontas.’ But you know what, I like you because you are special. You are special people.”

Trump claimed that President Barack Obama was not born in the United States.

When Trump addressed the Republican Jewish Coalition in December 2015, he called himself “a negotiator like you folks,” which many people said brought up Jewish stereotypes.

Trump once said, “Laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that,” according to John R. O’Donnell, author of the 1991 book Trumped!

The president blamed “many sides” for neo-Nazi violence last year.

Trump retweeted anti-Muslim propaganda from a far-right British group last November.

During the 2016 presidential election, Trump pointed to a black man and said, “Look at my African-American over there.”

He retweeted false statistics about white homicide victims after a black activist was kicked and punched at one of Trump’s rallies in Alabama.

Trump asked African-American reporter April Ryan to set up a meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus. Prior to this exchange, he said that many African-Americans were “living in hell,” in reference to conditions in inner cities, Politico reported.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

_priapism

Reply #404 on: January 13, 2018, 12:10:30 PM
I think it is finally coming into focus for the rest of the country.  There are two kinds of people in America.  Those who find this wholly unacceptable, and those who do.  Those who do are racists.  It will be sorted out in the next two election cycles.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #405 on: January 13, 2018, 12:10:53 PM

A President Who Fans, Rather Than Douses, the Nation’s Racial Fires

White supremacists agreed. Richard Spencer, the white nationalist leader, said on Friday that conservatives defending Mr. Trump on Fox News should stop saying it was about economics and legal systems, rather than race. “It’s obviously all about race, and to their credit, liberals point out the obvious,” he said.

The Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi website, likewise welcomed Mr. Trump’s comments. “This is encouraging and refreshing, as it indicates Trump is more or less on the same page as us with regards to race and immigration,” the site said.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #406 on: January 13, 2018, 12:16:14 PM
I think it is finally coming into focus for the rest of the country.  There are two kinds of people in America.  Those who find this wholly unacceptable, and those who do.  Those who do are racists.  It will be sorted out in the next two election cycles.

It's possible Trump has irreparably broken everything, as I feared he would.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #407 on: January 13, 2018, 12:36:40 PM
I always said Hillary Clinton hit it right on the head calling half of Trump supporters a basket of deplorables, despite being criticized for that remark.  He’s at 36% approval.  I seem to be doing the math now, and it doesn’t work out.  If you still support Trump at this point, you can’t be anything but a deplorable, and he got about 50% of the vote, so:

36/50 > 50%

Hillary was way too optimistic on how many deplorables are out there, it’s much more than she feared.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:41:38 PM by Jed_ »

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #408 on: January 14, 2018, 01:42:13 AM

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #410 on: January 14, 2018, 07:11:14 PM
I recognize that I am biased. In general terms, I am biased towards my own cultural socio-economic strata. I also recognize that I feel more cmfortable with people I feel that I share common outlooks, and even who look more like me.

With that realization in hand I can limit myself from approaching racism. But I need to be conscious of it and work at it, lest I slip into it simply because of my bias.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #411 on: January 14, 2018, 10:07:57 PM
I think it’s terrible this recent affliction affecting many Republicans.  I mean who knew about this sudden onset of deafness?  And strange how it’s so specific to the word shithole?

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #412 on: January 15, 2018, 03:17:50 AM

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #413 on: January 15, 2018, 03:19:35 AM

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #414 on: January 15, 2018, 07:05:13 PM

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #415 on: January 16, 2018, 05:30:17 PM
TRUMP THINKS ONLY BLACK PEOPLE ARE ON WELFARE, BUT, REALLY, WHITE AMERICANS RECEIVE MOST BENEFITS

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-welfare-black-white-780252

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #416 on: January 16, 2018, 05:37:53 PM
TRUMP THINKS ONLY BLACK PEOPLE ARE ON WELFARE, BUT, REALLY, WHITE AMERICANS RECEIVE MOST BENEFITS

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #417 on: January 16, 2018, 07:43:35 PM
Dale Carnegie calls this technique "taking a bridge". Make a statement, or quote something, then change the topic and present a hypothetical, and agree with your own hypothetical, as if someone actually said it.

This headline is nothing but clickbait, by the original publication. The President asked about the constituents of a particular Congressperson, when she said they are not all black. And from that "Who are they?" remark in conversation, the Magazine/Writer surmises and tries to make it seem the President is not informed with the reality about who in America is on the dole.

It suits some here who will say or quote anything to further their agenda.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #418 on: January 16, 2018, 07:50:19 PM
Says a person who changes the title of articles and then writes her own text and gives quotes in a way that it is not clear what is quoted and what is written by same person.

Offline Northwest

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +55/-1
Reply #419 on: January 16, 2018, 08:22:29 PM
Joan, I'm prepared to partially agree with you here. Snarky "gotcha" writing comes from both sides of the political aisle, and it's crap regardless of who does it. I would be even more inclined to support you if you didn't post so much of this kind of writing yourself. But that's somewhat beside the point

But here's my issue (excerpt from the Newsweek article):

In the spring of 2017, the newly elected president met with members of the Congressional Black Caucus. During that meeting, one of the members mentioned to Trump that welfare reform would be detrimental to her constituents— adding, “Not all of whom are black,” according to NBC News.

The president was incredulous. “Really? Then what are they?”

It seems to me that this is exactly what was claimed in the title. So where's the lie (or bridge, or change of topic or whatever you want to call it)?