Reply #60 on: June 29, 2016, 09:33:03 PM
I thought it was vote early and vote often  ;D

Another sample:  https://forums.miopencarry.org/index.php?topic=4963.0
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:42:13 PM by Lois »

Offline MtTamKim

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +10/-0
Reply #61 on: June 30, 2016, 08:59:57 AM
Yeah, that's the equivalent of three infantry divisions.

A bit overstated don't you think?

"If you don't like the facts, make up new ones"

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #62 on: July 01, 2016, 06:37:49 PM
Deputies: CWP holder injures Spartanburg Co. nightclub shooting suspect

Deputies with Spartanburg County said a man faces multiple attempted murder charges after opening fire outside a nightclub early Sunday morning.

The shooting happened around 3:30 a.m. at Playoffz nightclub on Inman Road in Lyman.

Deputies said 32-year-old Jody Ray Thompson pulled out a gun after getting  into an argument with another man and fired several rounds toward a crowd that had gathered out in front of the club.

"His rounds struck three victims, and almost struck a fourth victim, who in self-defense, pulled his own weapon and fired, striking Thompson in the leg," Lt. Kevin Bobo said.

Bobo said the man who shot Thompson has a valid concealed weapons permit, cooperated with investigators, and won’t be facing any charges.

"Thompson was still on the scene when deputies arrived, but the initial scene was chaotic," Bobo said. "It wasn’t until victims and witnesses were interviewed, and video from the scene was reviewed that Thompson was identified as the suspect."

Thompson was charged with four counts of attempted murder, possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime, and unlawful carrying of a weapon.

Bobo said none of the victims' injuries were life-threatening.

Thompson is being held at the Spartanburg County Detention Center.

Copyright 2016 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

:-X

http://www.wistv.com/story/32308903/deputies-man-opened-fire-wounded-several-at-nightclub

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #63 on: July 01, 2016, 06:42:17 PM
Uber driver, licensed to carry gun, shoots gunman in Logan Square

Authorities say no charges will be filed against an Uber driver who shot and wounded a gunman who opened fire on a crowd of people in Logan Square over the weekend.

The driver had a concealed-carry permit and acted in the defense of himself and others, Assistant State's Attorney Barry Quinn said in court Sunday.

A group of people had been walking in front of the driver around 11:50 p.m. Friday in the 2900 block of North Milwaukee Avenue when Everardo Custodio, 22, began firing into the crowd, Quinn said.

The driver pulled out a handgun and fired six shots at Custodio, hitting him several times, according to court records.  Responding officers found Custodio lying on the ground, bleeding, Quinn said.  No other injuries were reported.

Custodio was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic hospital, where he was treated for gunshot wounds to the shin, thigh and lower back, authorities said.

Custodio, of the 2900 block of North Ridgeway Avenue, was charged with aggravated assault and unlawful use of a weapon charges.  He was denied bond during the Sunday court hearing.

The Uber driver, a 47-year-old resident of Little Italy, provided police with a valid concealed-carry permit and a firearm owner's identification card, Quinn said.

Copyright © 2016, Chicago Tribune

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-uber-driver-shoots-gunman-met-0420-20150419-story.html

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1621/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #64 on: July 01, 2016, 09:07:26 PM
The union representative for the Chicago Patrolman's Union was quoted the other day as saying Chicago has the equivalent of an Orlando nightclub massacre every month but no where the hue and cry.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #65 on: July 04, 2016, 01:28:57 PM
http://cbs12.com/news/local/grandmother-with-gun-confronts-intruders-in-her-house-06-30-2016

BOYNTON BEACH (CBS12) — A Boynton Beach grandmother was home alone when three burglars entered her house.

But what she did next may surprise you.

"It was really scary. It was a very, very scary situation. 'Cause I had no idea what they were gonna do," said the woman, whom we agreed not to identify.

About 12:45 Tuesday afternoon she went to the peephole and saw a man was at her front door, banging on the door, ringing the bell.

He left but came back a few minutes later, with a T-shirt over his head, and putting on gloves, so she ran to the bedroom to get a handgun from the dresser beside her bed.

"I heard something, glass breaking and then I was freaking out," she recalled.

Three men, three burglars---- were in her living room, and she was in the bedroom standing just inside the doorway ready to shoot them if they entered.

"I decided that it's either them or me, you know. I had to save my life. One of them came to the door here and opened it and when he did I had the gun in his face," she said.

She said she had no idea if the intruders were armed. But she was not about to become a victim.

She had a gun and she was ready to use it.

"I raised the gun and pointed it at his face," she explained.

She says the three guys were mortified and shocked to see a woman aiming a gun at them.

"I called them bastards and I said I'm gonna kill you! All three of them started running for the door," she told CBS12.

You can still see the damage they did to the front door, where they broke it down when they came in.

She says they were in the house for maybe 30 seconds. They didn't steal anything.

"I think it was the worst day of my life. It was the most horrifying day of my life. I couldn't believe it, I thought it was a bad nightmare," she said.

She's just relieved she had a handgun to defend herself with.

"I think it's wonderful. I think it's the only thing that saved me. It was my Godsend. I don't know what I would've done without it. I've never experienced anything like that before in my life. It was horrible, to have three strangers in your house and ransacking it. I was very angry. It's like, how dare you do this! You know. This is our home," the woman said.

Because of this incident she's telling her neighbors if they don't have a gun, they should think about getting one.

She and her husband also intend to get a bigger, more powerful handgun to replace the .22 that she now has. She plans to go to a shooting range and practice to make sure she's ready if it happens again.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #66 on: July 04, 2016, 07:23:50 PM
Good job!  Having a gun to protect yourself in your home is not a bad idea.  Just make sure it is not accessible to any children that might be in the home, or kept in a place where thieves would easily find it if you are away.

I would recommend that this woman use her .22 first and slowly work up to larger calibers.  I have a .38/357 Magnum that is far to much for me to handle.  After the first shot I find myself cringing and looking away from the target with each shot.  I really wish I had a .22.  It won't stop a bull, but it will scare a burglar.  And if I shoot it, I know I can keep my sights where I want them.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #67 on: July 05, 2016, 12:07:23 AM
Bald Eagle Saved By Man With A Gun

A bald eagle was freed from a tree by a patriotic Army veteran, who spent 90 minutes firing 150 shots into three branches ahead of the Fourth of July holiday.

Jason Galvin, who did two tours in Afghanistan, was on a bait run on Thursday when he spotted the eagle dangling upside down from a rope it got tangled in, according to KARE 11.

Galvin estimated the bird was hanging from the tree about 75 feet off the ground. It had been there for more than two days.

Neighbors called the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and the Rush City police and fire departments, but were told there was nothing the agencies could do because of how high the eagle was in the tree.

At one point Galvin joked that he might have to shoot the eagle down and his wife responded by telling him ‘that’s what you’re going to do’, according to KARE 11.

Galvin then spent 90 minutes taking nearly 150 shots from a .22 caliber rifle ‘while mowing down three branches, and finally the rope, holding up the eagle’.

http://www.kare11.com/news/army-veteran-rescues-an-eagle-in-incredible-way/262062212?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #68 on: July 08, 2016, 06:38:48 PM
Gun Jammed, Homeowner
Got Machette To Stop Attacker

A Florida man was killed Tuesday after breaking into a couple’s home and attacking the wife, a Palm Beach Post report says.

Steven and Heather Aiosa were awoken around 2 a.m. Tuesday and found Robert Alcalde, 31, standing in their doorway.

According to authorities, Alcalde had broken into the home through a front window and was behaving as someone who had taken drugs.

Steven Aiosa grabbed a .22-caliber rifle from under his bed and walked with Heather to the back door and into their yard, but the gun malfunctioned as he tried to load it. He then went to grab the machete that was also kept under the bed.

Alcalde began to attack Heather, which is when her husband began striking him with the machete.

“He tackled [Heather Aiosa] to the ground,” Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said of the attack. “It was a very, very violent struggle at this point. There was a lot of fighting — active fighting, brawling.”

Deputies report Alcalde suffered “gaping wounds on both of his legs” from the machete, and he had to be “hit with an electronic weapon six times before he stopped his behavior and allowed himself to be handcuffed,” the report says.

The Aiosas were unharmed in the attack, and Alcalde was transported to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/crime-law/deputies-florida-man-hacks-burglar-death-machete-d/nrtFf/

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #69 on: July 09, 2016, 09:03:52 PM
If you have elderly relatives who keep a gun at home, you might want to check in with them from time to time, to see whether—as is sometimes the case with operating motor vehicles—their gun might pose a danger to them or others. You don’t want to find out that they’ve “become confused,” say, next Halloween. Or when the neighbor comes to borrow a cup of sugar. Or for that matter, the day you come to visit to see if they’re still okay with that firearm.

Elderly SLO woman mistakes firefighters for burglars, starts shooting
BY MATT FOUNTAIN

An elderly San Luis Obispo resident mistook firefighters responding to a medical alarm as home intruders and fired two shots from her revolver.

No one was hurt in the incident and no one was arrested, but police submitted a report to prosecutors, who will decide whether to charge the woman with negligent discharge of a firearm.

At about 2 a.m. Sunday, San Luis Obispo fire personnel responded to a personal medical alarm activation in the 100 block of Del Norte Way. The Fire Department has prearranged agreements with citizens that approve emergency crews’ entrance to their homes should the residents’ medical alarm activate, according to a San Luis Obispo Police Department news release.

Firefighters entered the home, announced their presence and found two elderly residents asleep inside. They spoke with the couple and determined the activation was a false alarm. As they left the home, firefighters heard a single gunshot from inside the house, and seconds later the female resident exited the house and fired a single shot in the air.

Police responded to the house and found a daughter of the couple had already arrived and secured the gun from her mother. Police later determined the resident was disoriented when she awoke to the welfare check and, believing burglars were inside her home, grabbed her gun, accidentally firing a round while she loaded it. She then ran outside and fired a round into the air.

Police said there was no indication the woman tried to shoot directly at fire personnel. The District Attorney’s Office will ultimately decide whether a charge of negligent discharge of a firearm is appropriate.

Read more here: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article68701912.html#storylink=cpy

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #70 on: July 09, 2016, 10:38:42 PM
  No need to peddle the Obama Social Security/Medicare Gun Grab here. Even if he creates, out of whole cloth, the authority to take the guns of Senior Citizens, or to somehow list all of them by bureaucrats under Executive Department control, our next rational President will vacate such an Executive Order.

The mental status of relatives, and actions taken are a personal and family matter. Using confidential medical information in the possession of Medicare bureaucracy is wrong, when it comes to negating a Citizens rights. It is a list with abuse writ large.

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #71 on: July 09, 2016, 10:43:16 PM
It is also against the law for a mentally incapacitated person to own a gun. You will find this in both the federal laws and in most state laws.

It is also not in anyone's best interest for the mentally impaired to possess firearms.

Joan, have you no sense whatever?

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #72 on: July 09, 2016, 10:54:27 PM
  We agree then, no further laws are required; no need for any Exec action or orders, no using Medicare or Social Security information to grab guns. Follow the existing laws of the various States. Using which medicines are prescribed, in a manner that makes such private information public, is just not right, no more than publishing a list of Methadone users, or STD medication users.

Federal Government needs to GTFO of citizens business, not the opposite.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #73 on: July 09, 2016, 11:15:10 PM
Leave it to Joan to turn advice to be aware of the situation concerning your elderly relatives into a rant against Obama.

PS:  I should also ad that Joan's comment shows she would rather be politically correct than to be concerned that those no longer competent might be a danger to others.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 04:06:54 AM by Lois »

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #74 on: August 01, 2016, 07:32:21 PM
Police: Snellville Homeowner
Shoots, Kills Intruder

By: Aungelique Proctor

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. - Authorities are investigating a deadly shooting involving a homeowner and an intruder early Friday morning. The shooting happened before 4 a.m. at a home off Hadley Place in Gwinnett County.

Investigators said Willie and Ann Wofford woke up to sounds of someone trying to break into their home. The husband called 911, grabbed his firearm and when he walked into the master bathroom of the house, he found 25-year-old Michael Silva climbing into the window. According to police, that's when the husband opened fire.

The couple's adult son told Fox5 the deadly encounter had shaken up his parents.

"This guy took a ladder out of my parents’ pool she'd and took that ladder and laid it against the house and went into the second floor bathroom window. When my stepfather heard the noise, he got up and had to stop him," Michael Cargill told Fox5.

The homeowner told investigators he wasn't sure at the time if he had struck the man.  Police CONFIRMED Silva used a ladder to enter the backside of the house.

Officers arrived and found Silva dead on the sloping roof.

"It appears they are well within their rights of using deadly force to protect their home," Corporal Deon Washington told FOX 5's Aungelique Proctor.

The couple told police they didn't know Silva.

Authorities don't anticipate any charges being filed against the Wofford's.
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/183135654-story

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #75 on: August 02, 2016, 12:15:34 AM
They shot an unarmed man? Shame, shame.  All they had to do was scare him off.  No doubt he would have never come back and might even gave up his life of crime.

Laws that allow you too shoot to kill to protect mere property should be stricken from the books.  Life is more precious than property, and as the man was unarmed, I doubt the residents was in fear for their lives.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #76 on: August 02, 2016, 02:51:10 AM
Yep, got him good... and they know he will not break in again... it's the law.

They shot an unarmed man? Shame, shame.  All they had to do was scare him off.  No doubt he would have never come back and might even gave up his life of crime.

Laws that allow you too shoot to kill to protect mere property should be stricken from the books.  Life is more precious than property, and as the man was unarmed, I doubt the residents was in fear for their lives.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #77 on: August 02, 2016, 07:08:35 AM
It is still wrong.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #78 on: August 02, 2016, 05:23:12 PM
It is still wrong.

You seem certain the guy breaking into the home was unarmed. How could you tell, as he climbed into the window, after stealing the ladder? He was a threat, and the homeowner neutralized the threat. And stopped shooting when the guy stopped coming toward him, not sure actually that he hit the Felon...

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #79 on: August 02, 2016, 08:13:53 PM
 :roll: