KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

What was the last thing you watched? Movie & TV Edition

Guest · 52031

msslave and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1623/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #420 on: October 11, 2020, 10:42:47 PM
Watched the first episode of Next. Looks like it will be a pretty decent series. Story is about how AI gets on the internet and begins to take over everything electronic.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #421 on: October 18, 2020, 04:20:42 AM
The Trial of the Chicago Seven on Netflix.   Those here who are old enough to remember the violence during the 1968 Democratic convention and the subsequent circus of a trial of seven of the leaders of the protests will think the movie caught the mood of the times.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #422 on: October 19, 2020, 02:05:06 AM
"Star Trek" Discovery season 3.

Ya know, there are times I wonder why I watch anything anymore and this is one of them. So, it's the distant future and for some implausible reason the united federation of planets no longer exists because their fossil fuel they were still using in the 30th century went kaboom or some shit. And because the dumb shits who write this crap saw "Dilithium" on a Wikipedia star trek entry they thought it was the end all be all only way anything works in star trek.  :facepalm:

It's offensive. I'm never watching star trek again. I'd rather watch old star wars with wifey for the billionth time than watch the garbage they're putting out now.

_priapism

Reply #423 on: October 19, 2020, 02:44:48 AM

Bittersweet. Like the times we live in.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #424 on: October 20, 2020, 12:21:14 AM
First show, Lovecraft Country, horror and science fiction from the unique, and extremely timely, perspective of racial inequality.  That they weave in real events such as the murder and open casket funeral of Emmett Till and the massacre of the black community in Tulsa is provocative in a way that touches the soul.

I’ve learned so much recently about the endurance of racism and how hard it’s been to make it go away.

Second show, The Good Lord Bird, about violent abolitionist John Brown.  Only seen the first two episodes, but I recall visiting his cabin in the Adirondack Mountains of NY and Harper’s Ferry, the scene of his last act to free slaves.  He was executed for treason for trying to free slaves.  The first American to be executed for treason in the U.S., for trying to free slaves.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #425 on: October 20, 2020, 03:40:34 PM
The writer, H.P. Lovecraft, made no bones about his dislike for Blacks. I have watched the series and am impressed how the directors mix racism from the 1950s and science fiction;

As for Harpers Ferry, in 1967 I had taken the train to Washington, DC. It was an overnight run and when I woke up the next morning and looked out the train window, I found myself in a fog shrouded depot that said Harpers Ferry. On the platform were horse drawn wagons, minus the horses. As far as I could see, there was no sign of cars or people. It was like I woke up back in the 1800s. There was nothing modern by the depot.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #426 on: October 28, 2020, 07:16:38 PM
Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte starring Bette Davis. Made in 1964, it is a black and white psychological horror movie that takes place in Louisiana.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3094/-41
Reply #427 on: October 28, 2020, 07:42:22 PM

I started streaming the BBC series "Sherlock" a couple of days ago, and I am completely hooked.

It's set in modern-day England, and the characters are all very contemporary, yet it stays relatively close to the original stories and characters. It's consistently funny, especially in the way it riffs on the Sherlock Holmes canon, and Benedict Cumberbatch does a fantastic job of interpreting Holmes's character.

I highly recommend it.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1634/-3
Reply #428 on: October 28, 2020, 07:46:41 PM

I started streaming the BBC series "Sherlock" a couple of days ago, and I am completely hooked.

It's set in modern-day England, and the characters are all very contemporary, yet it stays relatively close to the original stories and characters. It's consistently funny, especially in the way it riffs on the Sherlock Holmes canon, and Benedict Cumberbatch does a fantastic job of interpreting Holmes's character.

I highly recommend it.

I enjoyed it immensely.  Martin Freeman is very good as Dr Watson as well. Stand by for a scenario that is definitely not in the Conan Doyle style  :o

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

ChirpingGirl

Reply #429 on: October 28, 2020, 11:56:20 PM
Unsolved Mysteries on youtube. Forgot how creepy that show could be.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2969/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #430 on: October 29, 2020, 01:47:14 AM

The new episodes on netflix aren't really all that good.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #431 on: October 29, 2020, 02:05:08 AM

No Robert Stack... no thank you.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #432 on: October 29, 2020, 03:42:30 PM

I highly recommend it.

I enjoyed it immensely.  Martin Freeman is very good as Dr Watson as well. Stand by for a scenario that is definitely not in the Conan Doyle style  :o

If you're referring to Irene Adler, I watched that episode on Monday...

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1634/-3
Reply #433 on: October 29, 2020, 07:45:40 PM

I highly recommend it.

That's the one......

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #434 on: October 29, 2020, 09:18:53 PM

I highly recommend it.

That's the one......

For the record, while we viewers were not able to have the accuracy that Sherlock had in figuring out the combination to the safe, it defies logic that he would be able to determine it that specifically, even in the light of his superior observational skills.

It would have taken me about 10-15 tries...

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1771/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #435 on: October 30, 2020, 06:28:37 PM

Mandalorian

Well, Dan is watching it right now.  He received a text from a friend that it was released today.

I don't even remember the last few episodes of last season.  Maybe I need to rewatch them.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #436 on: October 30, 2020, 06:52:46 PM

No Robert Stack... no thank you.

Oh, an Elliot Ness fan?  ;D

Offline Littlebit

• Co-POY 2019
  • Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +416/-2
  • Just a little bit
Reply #437 on: October 31, 2020, 12:10:46 AM
Netflix    The Queens Gambit

_priapism

Reply #438 on: October 31, 2020, 12:40:09 AM
I watched BB22 with my son last night.  His favorite candidate, Cory, won.  It’s been on 22 years, and I honestly can’t say anything more about it than.. a bunch of people live in a house, play games to disqualify other members, vote someone off every week, and the last person left is declared winner.  LOL.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1771/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #439 on: October 31, 2020, 04:28:55 AM
Netflix    The Queens Gambit

I've watched Episode 1.  I liked it.    Dan was hating it.  I'll be watching it on my own.   When we do watch TV, we usually watch it together, so I'll have to find a time to watch it on my own.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016