KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Nobody Told Me What It Was Like To Get Older... Ticked Off Vic

Guest · 1021

Offline purpleshoes

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +431/-10
Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 12:31:41 PM
And if all that's not bad enough, then you die and don't have to worry about it anymore.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1761/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 12:40:52 PM

There is a lot going on there, Nick. 

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 10:30:45 PM

There is a lot going on there, Nick. 

We have way too many members that are getting into this age bracket.  I can see it from where I am standing, and it terrifies me.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1316/-3
Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 11:46:00 PM
What worries me...every time I go out, it seems like there's more younger people around. ??? ??? ???

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

_priapism

Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 12:00:25 AM
What worries me...every time I go out, it seems like there's more younger people around. ??? ??? ???

I just absolutely despise Millennials. Despise them. And they seem to be increasingly taking a leading role in the world. Cauliflower rice? Fuck no. Almond milk? Fuck no. Avocado toast? What the fuck is wrong with you. And quinoa. And poke. Seriously. Fuck you All. Just go back to whatever planet you came from.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1761/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 12:17:56 AM
Cauliflower rice? Fuck no. Almond milk? Fuck no. Avocado toast? What the fuck is wrong with you. And quinoa. And poke. Seriously. Fuck you All. Just go back to whatever planet you came from.

Yep, get all of that stuff here.  She makes  baked cauliflower coated in flour and water and something else and says, "Doesn't it taste like chickentenders?"

"Mmmm-hmmm," I say nodding enthusiastically, "they're good."   While thinking "Not even close.  And not good."

The youngest says, "Ick, I want real chicken tenders."

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2950/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 12:19:40 AM

I just absolutely despise Millennials. Despise them. And they seem to be increasingly taking a leading role in the world. Cauliflower rice? Fuck no. Almond milk? Fuck no. Avocado toast? What the fuck is wrong with you. And quinoa. And poke. Seriously. Fuck you All. Just go back to whatever planet you came from.

Got it Toe, was thinking about deleting my account anyways

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +192/-2
Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 01:00:58 AM

Oi! As probably the oldest Millennial member here, I must resent that generalisation! We aren't all vegan hipsters who complain about the world going to shit...well, I'll admit most of us complain about the world going to shit, but the ways and reasons vary wildly. But each of us are as different as you older guys. So maybe take a seat and chat to us sometime.

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

_priapism

Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 02:07:50 PM
Hey, I don’t despise any Millennials *here*. I went to work for a younger law firm a few years ago. They were awful. Unprofessional, mercenary, materialistic, and didn’t give a shit about anyone, including the clients. When I quit, I took all my clients with me, and we ended up getting into a lawsuit, then two, then three… By the time it was over we had seven lawsuits in five different Jurisdictions. They were having illegal (ex parte) communications with the courts; filing things they didn’t serve on me.  Even trying to have hearings without providing notice.  In the end we got it resolved, for less money than I offered in the very first place. But it really soured me on that entire generation. Because I don’t see good things coming out of them. At least not the ones I know.

So don’t take anything I say personally. I’m just butthurt.

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #10 on: October 16, 2020, 12:03:28 AM
Hey, I don’t despise any Millennials *here*. I went to work for a younger law firm a few years ago. They were awful. Unprofessional, mercenary, materialistic, and didn’t give a shit about anyone, including the clients. When I quit, I took all my clients with me, and we ended up getting into a lawsuit, then two, then three… By the time it was over we had seven lawsuits in five different Jurisdictions. They were having illegal (ex parte) communications with the courts; filing things they didn’t serve on me.  Even trying to have hearings without providing notice.  In the end we got it resolved, for less money than I offered in the very first place. But it really soured me on that entire generation. Because I don’t see good things coming out of them. At least not the ones I know.

So don’t take anything I say personally. I’m just butthurt.
Hm. Sounds like you came across a team of Ben Shapiros. Traitors to modernity, they are.

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3086/-41
Reply #11 on: October 16, 2020, 06:17:07 PM

Yeah us milennials sure are the worst with our, uh... quinoa.

So sorry to all the Boomers and GenXers, who just care too much about others. Food for thought for the future, when I'm still renting in my 40s and moving inland to avoid rising sea levels in my 60s.

I was born in 1980, so depending what source you check, I'm either a GenXer or a Millennial.

Either way, it's true that the boomers spent about a decade talking, complaining, singing, and ranting about the state of the country and the world.

Meanwhile, we're actually trying to do something about it.

Fun Fact: I began eating Quinoa a while back (and I had it with chicken last night), but it took me at least two years to realize that it's pronounced "keen-wah" and not "kwi-noah."

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #12 on: October 16, 2020, 06:38:41 PM
I was eating ‘keen wah’ long before I had a Peruvian preparing it for me.  I also ate a bunch of poke in Hawaii.  I’m also good with avocado toast, but milk comes from cows.  And while one of my favorite vegetables is cauliflower due to it’s versatility, trying to make rice or pizza crust out of it borders on ridiculous.

Other past food fads have been purple potatoes, kale and cupcakes with 10 times too much frosting.  I love kale in a salad and tolerate it lightly sautéed, and mostly it’s the purple sweet potatoes that are any good although the origin of potatoes in the Peruvian Andes makes all of them even the purple ones attractive, but I will not eat a cupcake if I first have to scrape off most of the frosting.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1608/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #13 on: October 16, 2020, 06:53:56 PM

Either way, it's true that the boomers spent about a decade talking, complaining, singing, and ranting about the state of the country and the world.

Hmmm? Let's see?  The boomers marched for civil rights legislation and for that, major civil rights legislation was passed. The boomers protested long and hard to end the Vietnam War, even those boomers who fought in it. I am sure there are a few more noble accomplishments the boomer generation helped bring about. ;D ;D

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

_priapism

Reply #14 on: October 16, 2020, 07:26:33 PM
My parents were early Boomers. I was early Generation X. Ours will probably be the first generation to not have Social Security.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3086/-41
Reply #15 on: October 16, 2020, 07:51:26 PM

Hmmm? Let's see?  The boomers marched for civil rights legislation and for that, major civil rights legislation was passed. The boomers protested long and hard to end the Vietnam War, even those boomers who fought in it. I am sure there are a few more noble accomplishments the boomer generation helped bring about. ;D ;D

FYI, the white boomers began matching for civil rights in number after 1964, when the Civil Rights Act was passed. But it's true that they marched in support of the rights that that landmark piece of legislation guaranteed.

While I loathe the whole "ok boomer" thing, it's worth pointing out that boomers in their day complained about the generation gap, and warned us about trusting older people.

Well, the shoe's now on the other foot...

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1608/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #16 on: October 16, 2020, 09:57:06 PM

FYI, the white boomers began matching for civil rights in number after 1964, when the Civil Rights Act was passed. But it's true that they marched in support of the rights that that landmark piece of legislation guaranteed.

While I loathe the whole "ok boomer" thing, it's worth pointing out that boomers in their day complained about the generation gap, and warned us about trusting older people.

Well, the shoe's now on the other foot...

I kind of remember that we were not to trust anyone over 30. Something like that. Speaking from experience, I think parents who are boomers were less strict with their children then their parents were. And the children of boomers who are now parents are less strict then they were. In some ways, that is good. In other ways, not.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

_priapism

Reply #17 on: October 17, 2020, 06:28:50 PM
I think parents who are boomers were less strict with their children then their parents were. And the children of boomers who are now parents are less strict then they were. In some ways, that is good. In other ways, not.

My boomer parents turned us loose in the morning, and we weren’t expected to be home until sundown.  I used to run all around town, ride the bus, visit the beach, swim at a local hotel, when I was only 8, 9, and ten.  We had fun.  We also had injuries, fell from trees, broke bones, had stitches.  From age 5 to 15, I had a least one emergency room visit per year, sometimes two or three.   Whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

So then these kids of boomers became parents, and WTF?!?!?  HELICOPTER MOMS.  Pretty much a 180° shift.  No unsupervised play, indoors or out.  Irrational fear of strangers and/or kidnapping.  Strollers, play pens, and car seats until the kids are old enough to drive themselves.  Doing the kids’ homework, and then going to campus to argue with the teachers about grades.  What part of “your kid is not exceptional” did you not understand?

I had the police called on me three times in an eight year period in the aughts, for letting my children play outside.  Once a neighbor put my kid in her minivan and drove him home.  Three doors down the street.  I could see her house from mine.  She “just didn’t feel comfortable” letting him walk home by himself.

And now these helicoptered kids, who have trouble making a decision for themselves without calling mom first, are having kids.  And they aren’t better, it seems to be getting worse.  Give it another million years and humans will be marsupials, with a baby pouch and breastfeeding until age ten.  But I rant.

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #18 on: October 17, 2020, 11:44:38 PM
Okay, let's look at this here...

No unsupervised play, indoors or out.
Okay, I grew up outside of town, so indoor and outdoor play were not an issue. That said, I wouldn't be suprised if they were a little paranoid about me playing outside in my early years. And their concerns would be sort of justified, since they lost their oldest son in a drowning accident before I was born.

For me now, as a parent myself, indoor play is supervised by default, since we live in a shoebox. Kids hete also do play outside unsupervised, but why I'm unsure; sure, it's a quiet street, and it has a bad reputation that sort of protects us, but that same reputation also puts us at risk.

Irrational fear of strangers and/or kidnapping.
I wouldn't quite call it irrational. Exaggerated, maybe, at most, but certainly not irrational. Reading that line immediately made me think of the disappearance of the Beaumont children, and many other cases since.

Strollers, play pens, and car seats until the kids are old enough to drive themselves.
Okay, this one does get my goat, and that's because our nice Government made it a law for kids to be in booster seats until they're either seven years old, or 140cm tall! Madness, I tell ya!

Doing the kids’ homework, and then going to campus to argue with the teachers about grades.
Another thing that, as a tutor, gets my goat. But also the flipside gets me too, those who really push their child past the point of sanity to have their kid achieve "the best marks they are capable of" (i.e. straight A's in every subject they tell them to take). Please let your kids be kids!

Now, I'm sorry you had the police called on you for such a trivial thing. In all truthfulness, we are fucking terrified sometimes, when shit gets very real. But we are trying, and generally making good decisions, even if a few of us seem more incompetant than I sometimes make myself out to be. (Long story there...)

_priapism

Reply #19 on: October 18, 2020, 12:21:47 AM

Now, I'm sorry you had the police called on you for such a trivial thing. In all truthfulness, we are fucking terrified sometimes, when shit gets very real. But we are trying, and generally making good decisions, even if a few of us seem more incompetant than I sometimes make myself out to be. (Long story there...)

As a long time single dad with two kids, I have to tell you the dirty looks and snide remarks I got from the mini-van soccer moms for years was unbearable.  Just because I have dick and balls they assumed I had no business being around or children, or that I was “babysitting” my own kids, while their mother was elsewhere.  Complete strangers would approach me at the grocery to let me know “you’re doing it wrong.”

Now, I lived in a ground zero baby boom suburb, so there were lots of young mothers who were very proud of the fact they squeezed out a few kids.  Never mind everyone has a mother who squeezed them out, since the birth of mankind.

But emboldened by their procreative success, and determined to Baby Einstein their kids into Harvard, they were not the least bit shy about having opinions, or sharing them with others.  It’s amazing somebody’s tits didn’t get slapped.  Not that I would enjoy slapping some young lactating milk bags at the local grocer...