KB - a better class of pervert

News:

What did you learn today TIL

MintJulie · 108387

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3094/-41
Reply #1600 on: December 10, 2020, 08:30:25 PM

They no longer have the Canadian Penny.  The Canadian Mint stopped producing in 2013.  And a few years ago, they sent all the penny's the banks had to a scrap yard and they were ground up into shavings.

Canada now rounds up or down on a final bill to the nearest .05

https://www.mint.ca/store/mint/about-the-mint/phasing-out-the-penny-6900002

Living so close to the border and seeing my fair share of Canadian money, I'm shocked I didn't know this.

U.S. pennies have been made largely of zinc since 1982.  A pre-1982 penny has approximately 1.7¢ worth of copper in it.  A 2006 law makes it illegal to metal down pennies and nickels for their scrap value.  I predict that U.S. pennies will go the way of the dinosaur in our lifetimes.

I suppose it depends on whose lifetime you're referring to, but I think it's very likely that pennies in the U.S. will very likely not be obsolete in the next 25 years.

There are two main reasons for this. First, the U.S. has different sales tax rates from state to state, county to county, and in some instances city to city. For example, with 15 miles of where I live, there are at least four different sales tax rates. And second, while society is becoming increasingly cashless, with many different apps on top of credit and debit cards, I don't think a completely cashless society will exist in the next 25 years.

But I could be wrong...

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #1601 on: December 11, 2020, 02:02:03 AM

They no longer have the Canadian Penny.  The Canadian Mint stopped producing in 2013.  And a few years ago, they sent all the penny's the banks had to a scrap yard and they were ground up into shavings.

Canada now rounds up or down on a final bill to the nearest .05

https://www.mint.ca/store/mint/about-the-mint/phasing-out-the-penny-6900002

Living so close to the border and seeing my fair share of Canadian money, I'm shocked I didn't know this.

U.S. pennies have been made largely of zinc since 1982.  A pre-1982 penny has approximately 1.7¢ worth of copper in it.  A 2006 law makes it illegal to metal down pennies and nickels for their scrap value.  I predict that U.S. pennies will go the way of the dinosaur in our lifetimes.

I suppose it depends on whose lifetime you're referring to, but I think it's very likely that pennies in the U.S. will very likely not be obsolete in the next 25 years.

There are two main reasons for this. First, the U.S. has different sales tax rates from state to state, county to county, and in some instances city to city. For example, with 15 miles of where I live, there are at least four different sales tax rates. And second, while society is becoming increasingly cashless, with many different apps on top of credit and debit cards, I don't think a completely cashless society will exist in the next 25 years.

But I could be wrong...

Definitely too late to ask, ‘Penny for your thoughts.’

_priapism

Reply #1602 on: December 11, 2020, 05:46:22 AM
I’m not suggesting that cash money will be obsolete.  Merely the 1¢ penny.  They cost more to make than they are worth.  The U.S. government reported in 2016 that an estimated $62 million in pennies (6.2 billion pennies) are lost each year in circulation.  We will just go to a 5¢ nickel rounding system, like the Canadians.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 06:12:16 AM by ToeinH2O »

Online MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1771/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #1603 on: December 11, 2020, 01:31:40 PM
I’m not suggesting that cash money will be obsolete.  Merely the 1¢ penny.  They cost more to make than they are worth.  The U.S. government reported in 2016 that an estimated $62 million in pennies (6.2 billion pennies) are lost each year in circulation.  We will just go to a 5¢ nickel rounding system, like the Canadians.

Correct.  And with people paying with Apple Pay, Venmo, Paypal etc, they can still pay by the cent.   I use credit cards and can't tell you the last time I paid in cash.  So no needing to round up/down there either. 
And if I did pay cash, would I squak if my bill was $1.03 and they rounded up to $1.05.  No.  I usually leave pennies in the give a penny, take a penny tray next to the register anyways.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1623/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1604 on: December 11, 2020, 03:21:56 PM

Correct.  And with people paying with Apple Pay, Venmo, Paypal etc, they can still pay by the cent.   I use credit cards and can't tell you the last time I paid in cash.  So no needing to round up/down there either. 
And if I did pay cash, would I squak if my bill was $1.03 and they rounded up to $1.05.  No.  I usually leave pennies in the give a penny, take a penny tray next to the register anyways.

squak?  ;D

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1326/-3
Reply #1605 on: December 11, 2020, 04:53:05 PM
What?  You've never had a squak fit when something goes wrong! :emot_banghead: :emot_omfg:

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Online MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #1606 on: December 11, 2020, 06:12:10 PM

squak?  ;D

It's the sound that all types of birds make when you put your fingers around their neck and squeeze really slowly.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1326/-3
Reply #1607 on: December 11, 2020, 06:14:53 PM

squak?  ;D

It's the sound that all types of birds make when you put your fingers around their neck and squeeze really slowly.
Even a smart ass Eagle??? :emot_weird:

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Online MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #1608 on: December 11, 2020, 06:19:07 PM

squak?  ;D

Especially Eagles

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Sweetums

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +97/-1
  • Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Don't listen to me.
Reply #1609 on: December 11, 2020, 06:53:18 PM

Correct.  And with people paying with Apple Pay, Venmo, Paypal etc, they can still pay by the cent.   I use credit cards and can't tell you the last time I paid in cash.  So no needing to round up/down there either.  
And if I did pay cash, would I squak if my bill was $1.03 and they rounded up to $1.05.  No.  I usually leave pennies in the give a penny, take a penny tray next to the register anyways.

All right! The word "squak" is going into my next chapter! It goes without saying that any word MJ posts is KB canon. Will post the passage here when it's up...

It will be the surprised sound a character makes when something costs a bit more than they expected...

Thanks for the inspiration MJ!

Offline Sweetums

• Total freak
Reply #1610 on: December 11, 2020, 07:02:33 PM

squak?  ;D

Yes, this was what I was thinking. The choking is the unexpected price this little bugger is going to be surprised to be paying. Never enrage a MILF who's being blackmailed into riding you and taking your virginity! It's a more general rule, actually. But especially.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1611 on: December 11, 2020, 08:54:11 PM

squak?  ;D

Especially Eagles

And here I thought you accidentally left out a "w" . But I am sure you would rather put your hands around something other then my neck... 8)

Online MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #1612 on: December 11, 2020, 09:10:12 PM

What did I learn today

That I don't know how to spell "squawk" correctly.
I thought you were poking fun at me for using the word, not the incorrect spelling of it. 

And for the record, I've only killed one bird in my life.  I was 2 years old and at my uncles farm.  He had baby chicks.  And I loved one so much I squeezed it with so much love that it died.  Or so I'm told.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #1613 on: December 11, 2020, 09:16:01 PM

Squak is the sound I make when MJ squeezes my turkey neck slowly, until I suffer la petite mort.

Offline Sweetums

• Total freak
Reply #1614 on: December 12, 2020, 01:46:11 AM
And if I did pay cash, would I squak if my bill was $1.03 and they rounded up to $1.05.
All right! The word "squak" is going into my next chapter! It goes without saying that any word MJ posts is KB canon. Will post the passage here when it's up...

As promised, here is the passage from "Louise and the Blackmailer" Chapter Eight: "Noah Wins Bigly" :

Still moving on him, Louise furiously grabbed both of the miscreant boy’s arms with hers and crossed them firmly across his throat, mostly cutting off his air supply and blood to his brain as she pressed the radius bones of his forearms into his windpipe and carotid arteries.

“Squak!” cried Noah.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 03:35:08 PM by MintJulie »

Online MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #1615 on: December 12, 2020, 03:38:18 PM
Funny, Tums. 

I'm glad my minor misspelling has gotten so much legs.  hahaha

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1616 on: December 12, 2020, 06:01:22 PM
Funny, Tums. 

Speaking of legs....love yours... 8)

Offline Sweetums

• Total freak
Reply #1617 on: December 12, 2020, 09:04:35 PM
Funny, Tums. 

"This is only the beginning..." he says ominously, rubbing his giant muppet paws together.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2967/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #1618 on: December 14, 2020, 05:08:15 PM
The phrase "hold your horses" isnt just a simple phrase, but it means to "stable" yourself.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1619 on: December 14, 2020, 07:26:31 PM
The phrase "hold your horses" isnt just a simple phrase, but it means to "stable" yourself.

Does it have anything to do with "ride my stallion"?  8) 8)